A Great Selection Of Impressive Expository Essay Topics
Expository essays explain facts, so put any personal opinions aside when it comes to writing this type of paper. You will need to demonstrate that you can investigate and evaluate ideas and information and present an analysis that is well balanced. Your presentation of findings should also be clear and concise.
Familiarize yourself with exactly what’s expected from this assignment before you select a subject. It would certainly help to look at other student papers to see how they have been handled.
Choosing a subject can be a difficult task- particularly if you have been given free reign over your selection. Too much choice can often be overwhelming! It will certainly help if you choose a subject that you are interested in and are quite familiar with. This will aid the flow and content of your essay, and it should also speed up the research process a little, as it’s likely you’ll already know where to find some of the information.
If you don’t know where to begin with selecting a topic, then here are some great suggestions to give you a kick start; although unfortunately it’s no good just plumping for one on the list! You’ll have to come up with your own topic and title, but hopefully these ideas will help to inspire you.
- What are the root causes of homelessness in the U.S?
- Who are UNICEF and what do they do?
- The social factors involved in the increase of teenage pregnancy.
- Stem cell research and how it is applied.
- Our current understanding of black holes.
- Explaining and studying Einstein’s Theory of Relativity in wake of Stephen Hawking’s latest findings.
- What is agoraphobia and how is it treated?
- The challenges of raising a child with Down’s Syndrome.
- A study of psychiatric therapy.
- The archaeological history of the Great Sphinx of Giza.
- The Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
- The Boer War.
- War horses from World War II.
- Explaining stock markets.
- A study of Firefox’s business plan and management.
- Nick Leeson: how one man brought down a bank.
- What causes teenagers to start using drugs?
- The American slave trade.
- Nuclear weapons: from conception to the present day.
- Thirty years of Mubarak in Egypt.
- Who were the Kray twins?
- What are the main themes of Shakespeare’s tragedies?
- Why is Picasso’s Guernica painting so important?
- How Tea Parties operate.
- The demise of Adolf Hitler.
- Who were the Incas?
- The Seven Wonders of The Ancient World.
- What is neuroscience?
- How carbon dating works.
- The concept of zero.